Friday, February 19, 2016

Modern Romance and Swallow Me Whole

Modern Romance Aziz Ansari 2015
Swallow Me Whole by Nate Powell 2008
Weight: 2.8 lbs
Method of Disposal: Leaving in parking deck for Human Rights Museum


I am back at work and fighting to catch up after a 5 day staycation with my boo.  It was SO nice to disregard all responsibility, hang out 24/7, and treat ourselves.  I am not quite ready to let it go.  I feel like there are so many incomplete things.  I started a painting of our puppy, Whiskey.  Will I ever finish it now?  Harriet and I started a big conversation about some big life things.  When will we get back to it?  I got rid of these two books.  When will I ever have time to blog about it?  Hence, the reason I am up at 3 am instead of resting up for the alarm to go off again.

I picked up Modern Romance without knowing a thing about who Aziz Ansari was.  I have been filled in by several people about how absurd and nonsensical that is.  I think it was better this way though.  I really enjoyed the book and found it interesting, bizarre, a little scary, a little hopeful.  I did not love the jokes, but I just kind of ignored them.  The people I know who love him seem less impressed than me and, as far as most of them go, I think it is because we are looking for different things from him.  And/or I was able to read it without hearing his voice and was able to take it more seriously.

I could not get into Swallow Me Whole despite the gripping cover.  I get the feeling it was more of a me problem than the quality of the book.

I hope someone found them in the parking deck and was excited to take them home!


No comments:

Post a Comment