Monday, September 25, 2017

Maya Angelou: Poems

2 X Maya Angelou: Poems
1996
Weight: 9.6 0z
Method of Disposal: Lending Library


Now is a time for much needed inspiration.  What will rile us up more than Maya Angelou poems?  They are gritty, angry, and raw.  Some exude sex and desire.  Others express rage.  I was surprised at how many were written from a male point of view.  I see "we rise" "still I rise" "I rise" everywhere lately--college commercials, football, memes.  I thought this poem would be an appropriate preview of the book and a pertinent and stronger use of "Still I Rise."  I am assuming most readers have read about the caged bird and the phenomenal woman.  If not, you should look them up for sure.  Or, if you want your very own copy of her poems just let me know, and I will mail them to you instead if I still have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment