Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Where The Crawdads Sing

Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
2018
Weight: 1.3 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donating to Goodwill


A volunteer brought me this book.  The last book I blogged about was from a different volunteer.  I am loving this trend that has started where people pass on their books to me.  There are at least four volunteers who are giving me books now.  Harriet is not as keen.  Truly, I cannot keep up, but I love it nonetheless. 

This book is not one I would have picked up on my own, but I got hooked on it fast.  It reads quickly and it would be challenging not to care about the main character.  A strong-willed and passionate young woman living in a marsh off the coast of North Carolina.  The end wraps up a little too cleanly for me, but I l enjoyed it overall.  Reading it was almost like listening to a song about a South that is so different than the one I grew up in.

No comments:

Post a Comment