Monday, March 23, 2020

Mr. Wilson's Cabinet of Wonder

Mr. Wilson's Cabinet of Wonder: Pronged Ants, Horned Humans, Mice on Toast, and Other Marvels of Jurrasic Technology by Lawrence Weschler
1996
Weight: 5.6 oz


This one was not my cup of tea but others say it is bursting with wonder.  You start in one place and dance along to another, not able to distinguish between fact and fiction.  That is how I feel existing in this world during a pandemic.  Maybe I am projecting.  I feel like the things I enjoy the most are different now than even two weeks ago, but I also feel like I am not really living so much as waiting for the next shoe to drop. I work all day long every day, but I keep thinking eventually it will taper off.  I am not sure why.  Maybe because I cannot keep up like this? Also, if something terrible were to happen, this is not how I would want to spend my life.  Here we are, faced with our mortality, and I still do not change.  How can I when the pets need us to show up each and every day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment