Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Asymmetry

 Asymmetry by Lisa Halliday

2018

Weight: 8.8 oz

Method of Disposal: Giving Back to Friend Who Gifted It To Me


This one just did not work for me.  I wanted it to, especially after my dear friend told me that her sister, who passed away this year, had loved it.  As I read it, I had questions for someone that could never answer them.  In the way that death does, this book took on a meaning it never was meant to.  I tried to read someone into it that I wanted to be here still and could not find them.  Not that I would be the one that would find her if someone could.  Someone that really knew her, like my friend, might could do it. So, I want to give her the book back, knowing she will look also.

 It has been a little over half a year since there was a day that her sister and best friend was alive and it, at once seems like it has been no time at all and also seems like it has been an impossibly long time.  Grief is such a brutal component of love.  We have no choice but to endure it.


No comments:

Post a Comment