Monday, January 3, 2022

The North (And Almost Everything In It)

 The North (And Almost Everything In It) by Paul Morley
2013
Weight: 2.23 lbs
Method of Disposal: Recycling (damaged)


I bought this while visiting Harriet's family in Northern England and, almost two years ago, Wisconsin started to eat it before it was rescued by Harriet.  The back of it and the index right up to S is missing.  Likely, it ended up digested and in the woods to the back of our house.  Luckily, I could still read it, and I did.  Or, I slogged through it.  I was not in love.  I might have felt different if I grew up in the North and/or was around the author's age.  I am not sure.  As it was, it felt disjointed and lengthy without reason.  I am also not a sports fan so could not relate there either.  My favorite moments were when he described his boyhood, and there were some clever snippets about Northern England in there.  They were just few and far between.


No comments:

Post a Comment