Sunday, August 15, 2010

The Mark of Voldemort

Harry Potter (2) and the Chamber of Secrets 1999
Harry Potter (4) and the Goblet of Fire 2000
Harry Potter (5) and the Order of the Phoenix 2003
Harry Potter (7) and the Deathly Hallows 2007

By J. K. Rowling

Weight: 6.5 lbs Method of

Disposal: Donating

I am not donating my entire collection of Harry Potter books—yet. It is mostly because I cannot find all of them at this moment, but it is also so that I will have the excuse to write about them again in the future. I am a fan of the series, like many many more people out there. I worked at two different book stores and watched the children plow through hundreds and hundreds of pages of reading. They were enthusiastic and obsessive. It was wonderful! The Harry Potter Release Date parties were always intense. I often did wand-making with the kids. They would show up in these great costumes, eat too many sweets, stay up all night, and have a blast. The books would sit in the receiving room until midnight. They were behind red tape and each individual box had font on the side explaining that it was against the law to snoop until a certain date. It was hard not to get wrapped up in the moment.

I may have been able to feign nonchalance at times, but I read every book the night after it came out. I would not sleep until I had made it to the very last page. The books really are magical, timeless, and just overall incredible. It is impossible not to fall in love.

A young pit bull puppy was tied to the fence of the shelter this weekend. He tried to crawl inside through a small hole in the wire but, instead of making it through, his head was caught for over 40 minutes while he panicked and tried to escape. He is a total sweetheart, wiggly, and affectionate. He also has the mark of Voldemort on his toosh. We do not know what really happened to cause it. That PotterBull is the impetus behind my disbanding of my Harry Potter collection.

*Please note that in the video you cannot really distinguish the lightening bolt shape. It looks straight, but I promise there is more to it!*

No comments:

Post a Comment