Thursday, October 21, 2010

Life Among the Savages

Life Among the Savages by Shirley Jackson
1997
Weight: 11 ounces
Method of Disposal: Leaving somewhere in Decatur, GA



Shirley Jackson is a brilliant author and, in this case, amusing. This book is an autobiography, and it shows the chaos and interlinked thoughts of a mother and a housewife. The whole book is just detail after detail about regular family life. The first few pages are my favorite.

I do not have any stories tied to this book. I bought it from a used bookstore. It cost me $4.25, and it would have retailed at $11.95. I recommend it, though I know that there are people close to me who will not enjoy it. There are others that will love it. Just be prepared for hectic, inappropriate, and loving family life. This is the closest I come to trying to understand.

3 comments:

  1. No! Give it to me please! It is on my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then it is yours! I am glad to give it to you.

    -Dismantled Library-
    -Laura-

    ReplyDelete