Monday, January 10, 2011

Coming Out and Staying There

Two Teenagers in Twenty: Writings by Gay and Lesbian Youth Editor Ann Heron
1995
Weight: 8.2 ounces

One Teacher in Ten: Gay and Lesbian Educators Tell Their Stories Editor Kevin Jennings
1994
Weight: 9.4 ounces

Method of Disposal: Leaving somewhere unless you want one or both of them.



I have been trapped at my place of employment due to the snow storm. We needed to ensure that all the animals were taken care of no matter the conditions of the roads. I am in a trailer with 2 dogs, 1 puppy, 2 cats, and another person. There are other people in various spots around the property. We are going on our second night at the shelter. .

It is due to this that I am not around all my books and cannot select ones off the shelves that I feel like writing about and getting rid of. I have tried to go over the titles in my head, but they evade me. I am so sleepy. I chose these two books primarily because I knew they were available to leave at any time.

I am not a huge fan of coming out stories anymore even though I recognize that they have value. I loved these books many years ago, but I feel nothing for them now. I am thinking about leaving them somewhere that teenagers seem to find appealing. Maybe, by some miracle, someone who needs them will find them. And maybe, by some miracle, we will be leaving this place soon. We have people at home who need be relieved of their housekeeping/watching duties. And I have books to get rid of.

No comments:

Post a Comment