Saturday, November 5, 2011

Life After God


Life After God  by Douglas Coupland
1995
Weight: 11.2 oz
Method of Disposal: Donating or give it away



Since we are already on the topic of authors that were compared to Chuck Palahniuk I have decided to release Life After God.  The Waldenbooks computer recommended Copeland to my friend Sarah and me.  It took me awhile to purchase and read any of his novels, but I started with Life After God.  Again, I was less impressed than I expected to be.  I had recently read Breakfast of Champions and was kind of excited to see the pictures in this book, but they did not serve the same purpose and were not as exciting.  The book was a rambling mess, and while I can get into a good rambling mess from time to time this was not one of those times.  It did not have the same thrill of a Palahniuk book, and it was not shocking in the least.  I had already purchased other books of his, and I will say it got better.

I am not entirely sure that at this stage in my life I am much of a Palahniuk, Copeland, or Ballard fan.  I guess that is coming across quite clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment