Friday, June 8, 2012

The X-Files


The X-Files: Empathy by Ellen Steiber 1997
The X-Files: Eve by Ellen Steiber 1997
The X-Files: Ground Zero by Kevin J. Anderson 1995
The X-Files: Ruins by Kevin J. Anderson 1996
The X-Fiels: Voltage by Easton Royce 1996
The Unofficial X-Files Companion by N. E. Genge 1995
Weight: 3 lbs
Method of Disposal: Put in Better World Books Bin



I found more X-files books, despite what I said in my previous blog about Gillian Anderson (http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=4552181075872894011#editor/target=post;postID=4546920244121391682).  It is not surprising because it was an obsession, and it was quite intense.  I cannot imagine feeling that way about anything now.  I cannot even think about what it was like to be in that mindset.  I should not admit this in public but I just, last month, got rid of my X-Files magazines and tv guides I had boxed up.  I collected them in the 90s and still lugged them around even though I never looked through them, was not all that proud of them, did not need them in anyway.  I just could not recycle all that Gillian Anderson, I guess.  I finally did it and, as you might have guessed, it was painless.  I am just not in a place (and probably will never be again) where I want to waste my time reading books based on television or lust after inaccessible people.  O.k. o.k.  I may still lust after her when I see her in movies, but I don’t need magazines to remind me.  Besides, I am not getting rid of my X-Files DVDs.  I am really not THERE yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment