Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Unbearable Lightness of Being


The Unbearable Lightness of Being By Milan Kundera
1999
Weight: 9.6 oz
Method of Disposal: Leaving in Coralville, Iowa



I brought this book with me on the plane. I wanted to read it again before letting it go. It has probably been almost ten years since I last read it. It explores sex vs love, philosophy, living under an oppressive regime. It exposes human relationships as the ignorant, trite, and bumbling experiences they always are.

I am writing this from a hotel room, while my niece wails in the background, upset because she accidentally overfilled her cup with water and it spilled. It is hard to focus on Kundera and also hilarious to think about him in the drama that is ensuing. As it were, I am going to end this post here and find a place to leave this book behind and hope that someone picks it up who might enjoy it. Tomorrow, I fly back to Atlanta. I will spend my time on the plane reading So Long, See You Tomorrow by William Maxwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment