Sunday, December 14, 2014

Boy's Life

Boy's Life by Robert McCammon
1992
Weight: 9 oz
Method of Disposal: Donating to the AKS


This book was recommended to me almost ten years ago.  I was working at Barnes and Noble and a woman that I absolutely respected, who had very different taste than me, highly recommended this book.  I bought it right away, but it took me a long time to actually read it.  I finally did this summer, and I really enjoyed it--despite the fact that it is not my usual style at all.  It will sound ridiculous, but it had everything from murder to streaking to dogs to camping to lust to racism to ghosts to magic to teenage boys to hunting to loss to family to underwater monsters...to on and on.  It is hard to imagine that he packed it all in there, but he did.  It is almost like someone challenged him.  Write a novel...and include all this crazy shit...and make it readable.  Like magic, you get Boy's Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment