Sunday, January 24, 2016

Selling 7 Books, 6 LBS, $52.00

This has been the most difficult and frustrating part about downsizing my books.  The ones I sell are usually not ones that I actually want to let go, but I do it because otherwise I will never get down to one bookshelf and because I am also trying to make ends meet.  Somehow, no matter how many books I sell, it seems like I will never make more than $50 in a month so I am not really sure how much it helps.  It also makes me late for work periodically since I never factor in going to the post office to my mornings.



Here are some of the books that have recently been rehomed in no particular order:

The Complete Poems by Anne Sexton 1999 Weight: 1.5 lbs $5.00
        Every time I see this book I think of my super smart but snarky college friend proclaiming that           "Anne Sexton is just a poor man's Plath."  I don't agree with that, but she said it with such spite           and assurance that it never left my mind.

Thomas and Beulah Poems By Rita Dove 1986 Weight: 8 oz $5.00
         Another great Dr. Guthrie of Agnes Scott College suggestion

Gay and Lesbian Atlanta by Wesley Chenault and Stacy Braukman 2008 Weight: 12 oz $7.50
         So sad about this one.  I should have kept it forever.  And, though it was worth more than the
         other books, I didn't come close to what I paid for it.  I strongly debated emailing the other
         person on the other side of the interwebs and telling them nevermind!

Crip Theory: Cultural Signs of Queerness and Disability by Robert McRuer 2006 Weight 1 lb

         $19.00
         But seriously, if I could turn back time I would not even list this for sale.  Desperation led me to
         it.  It wasn't worth it!

Intersex and Identity : The Contested Self by Sharon E. Preves 2003 Weight 14 oz $10.50
         At least I had read the whole thing!  Unlike Crip Theory. Oh, why did I do that?!

Venus by Suzan-Lori Parks 1997Weight: 9 oz $7.00
         Kind of afraid to admit that I am not so into this one.  Not so worried about it going.

Poachers: Stories by Tom Franklin1999 Weight: 13 oz $5.00
         I'm afraid I really do not remember this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment