Sunday, November 18, 2018

Under the Harrow

Under the Harrow by Flynn Berry
2016
Weight: 5 0z
Method of Disposal: Lending Library


I am not sure where this book came from.  My grandmother loves mysteries.  Maybe it was her?  I picked it up because I wanted to read some fiction, it takes place in England, and the idea of living with the knowledge someone you loved was murdered haunted me in a way that I felt a need to understand/empathize with though, hopefully, never experience. 

I read it quickly and when I put it down I thought it was an alright book, but there were things I liked more and more the more I thought about it.  The end wraps up quickly, but getting there we watch a woman trying to get control of a situation far beyond her control.  She grows increasingly obsessed and her own life unravels as we read.  Her obsession becomes ours, and it can be challenging to outside of or around it.  Overall, I recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment