Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Affinity

Affinity by Sarah Waters
2002
Weight: 13.6 oz
Method of Disposal: Giving to a friend


My coworker brought me a book about lesbian women in history and demanded a book in return.  I brought her The Line Becomes a River book because, if you read that post, you will know I was deeply moved by it.  I also gave her Affinity because she was recently chatting on about Gentleman Jack and lesbian period pieces, and I could not help but wonder if she would get into Sarah Waters.  I am interested to know what she thinks, though I am second guessing if giving her Affinity was the best place to start.

It is one of her more dark, depressing, no-light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel novels.  I anxiously await her news.  Let's hope she has more time to read than I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment