Wednesday, June 19, 2019

This Woman's Work

This Woman's Work by Julie Delporte
2019
Weight: 1 lb
Method of Disposal: Giving Away


I also got this graphic novel at Little Shop of Stories in Decatur.  I love a good graphic novel, but I find the real gems that speak to me few and far between.  This was not particularly my cup of tea, but that is not to say it will not be yours.  I did so appreciate, "I thought to myself that's me, the unicorn-whale, the gentle feminist.  But you know what?  Female narwhals don't have horns."

The author and artist seems to be very smart, talented, and honest.  She is searching herself and her medium. I think it will be powerful to many in that she captures the memorable moments that occur when something happens to you or you experience something powerful.  Those moments are not always obvious to people who do not live that experience. I think many women will be able to relate.  This is another book worth sharing that may find even more strength with a new owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment