Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
2017
Weight: 7 oz
Method of Disposal: Lending Library


This book was given to me by a friend.  I did not know what to expect and knew nothing about the book.  At first, I was blindly led by what was clearly an unreliable narrator, but in time the story unfolded fairly predictably.  Eleanor Oliphant is the epitome of loneliness.  She lives on her own after losing so much at the hands of her own mother.  Her life unfolds quietly and tragically until she is ultimately interrupted by one caring stranger that sets her on a different trajectory.  This trajectory is sometimes hard to believe as the reader, but it is a relief nonetheless.  I did not want to see Eleanor suffer anymore.  Overall, I would not personally recommend it, but plenty of people loved it.  Too each their own!

No comments:

Post a Comment