Saturday, July 24, 2010

I Love You, Bear Grylls.

Facing the Frozen Ocean: One Man’s Dream to Lead a Team Across the Treacherous North Atlantic
by Bear Grylls
2005
Weight: 9.6 oz
Method of Disposal: Releasing through www.bookcrossing.com



Today, I went with several friends to Panther Creek in North Georgia. We hiked alongside the creek, played in a waterfall, and made watermelon boats with the rinds from our recently eaten fruit. We had a good time, even though there were some tough and rocky moments along the way. In the end, everyone said they were glad for the experience. It was beautiful and refreshing and I, personally, cannot wait to go back. There is so much I want to do and so little time to do it! I am glad that so many people were able to make time for this trip.

In honor of our fun--and our trials and tribulations--I am releasing a Bear Grylls book. It was a gift from Vallan a year or so ago, and I loved it. I mean, I love Bear Grylls. The book, itself, was not very well written and sometimes it felt TOO motivational. But, I loved reading it, owning it, and lusting after Bear. I am drawn to the man, as he is incredibly attractive. What with his eating of spiders and drinking of urine. Who could resist? Not me. Seriously though, he is the only man alive that I want to be very near to me.

I am glad to report that all we had to drink today was water, and we ate pretzels, energy bars, and watermelon. We did not have to jump out of any planes or spend days searching for civilization. We did not start fires or run from bats. Nor were we accused of being frauds and fakes. All in all, it was a good trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment