Friday, July 1, 2011

Women in Love

Women in Love: Portraits of Lesbian Mothers and Their Families
1998
Weight: 2.8 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donating



I bought this book from a bargain bookstore called Kudzu when I was in the 9th grade. I collected anything lesbian. It was like a treasure hunt. It so rarely came up, but when it did it did not matter what it was. It made me delirious to find myself in little pieces of everyday life. This book features pictures of lesbians with their kids alongside a short interview with the women.

It is a lovely book, but one I do not need anymore. I can also say that I can no longer find myself in it, which does not decrease its value but is just an observation. I have zero desire to have children, and it is not something I feel strongly about. I think lesbians should be able to adopt, parent, and all sorts of other things, but I do not invest much of my time in thinking about it in my everyday life.
Anywho, let me know if you are interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment