Saturday, September 28, 2013

Krazy Kat

Krazy Kat and the Art of George Herriman: A Celebration  by Craig Yoe
2011
Weight: 2.8 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donating


My grandmother passed this book onto me after we had realized a mutual love of graphic novels.  She said she grew up with Krazy Kat, and I was interested right away.  My grandmother has had a very interesting life with a lot of sadness but also a lot of strength.  She grew up in what was then called an orphanage (for real) and when she got out, as an adult, she had barely anything to her name.  She had a puppet and so still has a lifelong fascination with them.

I love when she tells me about her life and when she passes on things to me that mean something to her.  It makes me feel important, but it also makes me feel closer to her.  I felt so distant most of my childhood.  I know it seems strange that I would let go of Krazy Kat when it means so much to me, but it makes sense to pass it on, like my grandma passed it on to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment