Saturday, September 28, 2013

The Stone Gods

The Stone Gods (2007)
Weight: The Myth of Atlas and Heracles (2005)by Jeanette Winterson
Weight: 2.7 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donating


I love reading Jeanette Winterson and get excited every time she publishes a new book.  Stone Gods was a dramatic, science fiction blend that did not move me like some of her others, but I still savored every word. I know I will not read it again since it is not one of my favorites, and I am not into robotic lesbian sex and, even if I were, it does not get very graphic. :)

Same goes for Weight.  I appreciate the ways she branches out and explores different types of stories to tell, but this was also not one of my favorite Winterson books of all time.  Still delicious, still worth while.


No comments:

Post a Comment