Saturday, September 28, 2013

Madonna

Madonna by Andrew Morton
2001
Weight: 1 lb
Method of Disposal: Donating


I loved Madonna while growing up.  She was rebellious, sexual, and very vocal.  I respected people that did not hide their sexuality.  I loved "Like a Prayer" best of all and laughed when I first saw the documentary where the police tried to stop Madonna from performing "Like a Virgin."  For my high school graduation, I sought out and purchased Madaonna's Sex book as a reward to myself.  It sounds like I was obsessed, but I wasn't.  I just had a healthy respect for her.  She was not one of the women I pasted all over my walls and notebooks.

I still have a soft spot for her and feel the need to stick up for her when others trash talk, though I am less impressed with her now.  We all grow up though.  Too bad some of us go from singing risque, catchy songs to writing children's books that never seem to sell and debating if we should change our name, again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment