Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Postcards from World War II: Sights and Sentiments from the Second World War

Postcards from World War II: Sights and Sentiments from the Second World War

Robynn and Matt Clairday 
2001
Weight: 14.4 oz
Method of Disposal: Donating

The ideal honeymoon involves The United States Postal Museum and an Air and Space museum (one housing a shuttle) if you ask me.  I've been to that magical place with the stamps, mail trucks, and Owney the dog once.  It was amazing.  I bought this book of postcards there (amongst too many other things) and just got around to reading it a year later.  Sure, it is full of patriotism and propaganda, but it also has actual notes written by soldiers to their loved ones, and the voyeur in me thrills at that.  I love reading other people's mail.  Since that is a felony, the only way for me to live out this dream is to read published letters and dream......

No comments:

Post a Comment