Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Dogtripping

Dogtripping: 25 Rescues, 11 Volunteers, and 3 RVs on Our Canine Cross-Country Adventure
By David Rosenfelt
2013
Weight: 13.6 oz
Method of Disposal: Donating to AKS


This book puts my crazy to shame.  He calls the 25 rescues he drives cross country a small amount considering the numbers they had in the previous years.  How do you give 25 dogs enough attention?! Even if they are almost all seniors, you do have a lot more money than me, and your partner is game.  Maybe it is something you have to see to believe.  They take in mostly large dogs too.

This book was a gift from a dog enthusiast friend of mine who was moving up north.  If it weren't for her, I do not imagine I would have ever stumbled on it.  The author is a mystery writer and, clearly, a dog lover/rescuer. 

And after giving you that brief synopsis, I better go to bed.  It is almost 4 am and after taking care of my personal zoo tomorrow morning I need to be back at the shelter to help take care of that whole crew.  If I am not careful, I will be asleep in a kennel having hoarding nightmares.  Sleep tight everybody!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment