Saturday, August 13, 2016

Joe Jones

Joe Jones by Anne Lamott
1985
Weight: 1 lb
Method of Disposal:Leaving at Oakview Manor in Savannah, Georgia



I have lived in Georgia thirty years and never been to Savannah until now.  I am super excited to check out this city that so many people talk about.  I've heard the claims.  It is beautiful, crime-ridden, scary, gothic, boring, amazing.  I have heard it all, but so far so good.

The house we are staying in has books in the kitchen, the bed rooms, the living rooms.  I plan to leave mine in with theirs in hopes that travelers find it and read it while they are here.  I have always had a soft spot for Anne Lamott ever since my friend Sarah introduced me to her when I was 16.  She will be a little different that the books laying around here, probably more character driven and a little less dark, twisted.  Joe Jones focuses on a group of people who gather around a local cafe in the South.

O.K. I am being rushed out the door!  More later if I am sober enough to type ;) We are celebrating a friends 50th.

No comments:

Post a Comment