Sunday, June 26, 2011

"He said you're really an ugly girl, but I like the way you play. And I died. But I thanked him. Can you believe that?"

Tori Amos Collectibles by Paul Campbell
1997
Weight: 2 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donate to AKF




I wish I did not know what possessed me to buy this book from a used book store called “Books for Less.” Unfortunately, I do. Luckily, I have no idea why I have lugged its 2 lbs around with me all over the great state of Georgia. I initially bought it on one of those awful (and wonderful) used book binges. You walk into a store and start a little stack of books you absolutely want to buy. Before you know it, you are holding onto some maybes and some good deals. Soon, you are in over your head or, at least, your bank account. That is what happened when I picked up this particular book.

I had an addiction to books and an extreme fascination with Tori Amos. Did I realize it was a book about collectibles?! When I spent $11.98 on it? I hope not, but I get this gurgley feeling in my belly that says I probably was fully aware. I never intended to have a Tori Amos collection so this book was useless to me. I just wanted to revel in her music. If I “collected” anything it was all of her cds, which I promptly played to death. I hope the next owner of this book is a collector. Too bad the book isn’t in mint condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment