Tuesday, September 13, 2011

DSM-IV

Diagnostics and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Fourth Edition
1994
Weight: 3.4 lbs
Method of Disposal: Recycle



It is too bad this book is in such rough shape.  The front cover is torn off completely.  The back cover is a scratched up mess, and the pages are stained.  I have no idea what it went through all these years.   This book has probably lived through more than I have in its 17 years.  Damn.  17 years.  

This was my mother’s book before it was mine.  She bought it used when she went back to college after the divorce.  After she graduated, I inherited it.  I use to like to flip through it and read pages at random.  It seemed like it held so much insight.  I, of course, learned about a variety of problems with it when I went to college myself.  I was in a serious relationship with a psychology major and now two of my close friends study within the field.  I am surrounded by them.  What does that mean?

The book is officially outdated, and I am finally going to retire it.  Recycle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment