Friday, February 3, 2012

Hold On To The Sun


Hold On To The Sun  by Michal Govrin
2010
Weight: 8.8 oz
Method of Disposal: Donating or giving away



I admit it.  This was a book I bought at the Border’s going out of business sale.  It was like an addiction.  I just started grabbing books off the shelves at random.  The end was just days away and I could buy something like  5 books for the price of one!  The Dismantled Project faded away, and my animal instinct took over.  I can remember and relive the feelings that washed over me then because it must be a lot like what I am going through now.  I am trying to quit smoking AGAIN, and it is the third day.  If there was a closeout sale on cigarettes, I would not be able to resist.  Hell, if I walked into a gas station I would not be able to resist.  That is why I am trapped at my house, nauseated, and semi-delusional.  I am afraid to leave this cave and go into the world again and yet I will have to.  Soon.  Tomorrow even.

Ugh.

The part of the book I recommend is the very first essay.  It is entitled “The Journey to Poland.”  Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment