Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Long Time...

Freakery: Cultural Spectacles of the Extraordinary Body 1996 Ed. Rosmarie Garland Thomson
McSweeney's Issue 36 2011
The World of Michael Parkes  1998
Weight: 8 lbs
Method of Disposal: Sold online



I have not written in a very long time.  A lot has happened, and I have been heavily distracted.  I am engaged to the most beautiful, compassionate, and fun woman I have ever met.  I am now the shelter manager where I work, and I have moved to a new house on a horse farm.  There is a lot more room when I need or want to foster!

Work is difficult, and I frequently am working overtime, which leaves me tired when it comes to blogging.  I am determined to get back into the swing of it though.  In the meantime, I have just been selling books I listed on half.com long ago.  I need to raise money for the wedding!

Since I have moved, I sold two books I absolutely love and one that is part of a collection.  It was very difficult to let them go, but I need the money, and I still need the weight off.  Some things never change, right?

My dear friend Sarah introduced me to Michael Parkes when I was sixteen, and I loved him.  The first painting I ever saw was of a girl blowing bubbles on a roof and a gargoyle jumping off trying to catch them.  The Freakery book was from my college days and has a ton of great essays in it.  The McSweeneys is a McSwenneys, and I always hate giving them away!

No comments:

Post a Comment