Thursday, January 23, 2014

Noel the Coward

Noel the Coward by Raboert Krauss Illustrated by Jose Aruego amd Ariane Dewey
1988
Weight: 1 lb
Method of Disposal: Leaving at Kroger off North Decatur Rd



 
I chose this book because I feel that this illustration captures exactly how I have felt upon waking the last two days.  I am not sure if it is the Chantix, living so far way from my fiancĂ©e, the way my new job overwhelms me, the stuff going on around me, the hormones, or if it is just a normal sadness that will soon pass.  I slept in until 11am, trying to hide today.  I try not to waste me weekends like that, but we cannot change the past.  We can only move forward, and there is SO MUCH TO DO TODAY.  Waaaaaahhhhhhhh.
 
I think the pictures in this story are superior to the actual words.  It is about a little coward and his cowardly father.  The little coward gets picked on all the time so him and his father take a self-defense class.  He learns how to avoid a fight and does not have to fight because he knows he could and so do the bullies.  Mama is so proud of him and dad.
 
Why can't life be so simple?

No comments:

Post a Comment