Sunday, September 10, 2017

The Gap of Time

The Gap of Time by Jeanette Winterson
2016
Weight: 6 oz
Method of Disposal: Bringing to a Lending Library


I have been a Jeanette Winterson fan for many years now, and I buy all of her books just as soon as I know they exist.  Sometimes I will even have them sent over from England so that I do not need to wait for them to come out in America.  This one I purchased myself while in the UK, though I am not quite certain that it wasn't the second time I bought it.  As I get older my memory grows increasingly questionable.  And it isn't just older is it?  It is also the more stressed that I get the worse it gets.

I love Winterson's lyrical writing and the unique ways she chooses to form a story.  I love the varied definitions of time, self, and gender.  The fluidity of her stories and characters.  I hope someone who comes upon this book at the little garden in Tucker, GA feels the same way.  If they find this blog, know your new book came all the way from Waterstones in Lancaster, England.

No comments:

Post a Comment