Sunday, September 24, 2017

The Gryphon and The Golden Mean

The Gryphon: In Which the Extraordinary Correspondance of Griffin and Sabine is Rediscovered and
The Golden Mean: In Which the Extraordinary Correspondance of Griffin and Sabine Concludes
by Nick Bantock
1993 and 2001
Weight: 4 lbs


I loved. Loved. The Jolly Postman when I was a little girl, but I never owned it.  It was too expensive.  I have often thought about buying it for myself as an adult, but I always decided, like my parents before me, that I could not justify spending the money.  I decided, instead, to get the Griffin and Sabine books while they were on bargain.  They were meant for adults.  Justification number 1.  They were inexpensive. Justification number 2.  My friends told me they were awesome. Justification number 3.

I was less impressed than I thought I would be by the story line, but I still enjoyed opening and reading the letters.  A voyeuristic joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment