Monday, September 28, 2020

Find Me

 Find Me by Rosie O'Donnell
2002
Weight: 12 oz
Method of Disposal: Lending Library


I do not know what I was expecting when I picked up this book, but it was not this.  Not even a little.  Generally, with famous folks writing books, you get a memoir, but not always.  I guess, in some ways, this was part memoir, though mostly focused on one part of one year of Rosie's life where she gets overly involved with a pregnant child and rape survivor who ends up not being that at all.  I feel like you get a real insight into Rosie's mind, at least in that year, and she tries to let you see the good, bad, and the ugly.  She seems like she is being vulnerable.

I am healing from surgery and am about to go to work, light duty.  I have been working from home, on pain medication, feeling overwhelmed, depressed, and mentally unsound myself.  I have been reading book after book, when I can squeeze them in, and I feel like I have been existing on some third dimension where there is no safety net, and you just keep falling.  All of this is, who am I to make commentary on anyone's mental state or book right now?  I am just glad to have so many books from so many years to read when I cannot be in my own mind anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment