Monday, September 21, 2020

The Wall Street Journal Guide to Understanding Money and Investing

 The Wall Street Journal Guide to Understanding Money and Investing 
1999
Weight: 16 oz
Method of Disposal: Throw Away (not sure it can be recycled)


This was an easy to read and helpful little book in the 90s when my father gave it to me in hopes he could help me figure out how to be a more responsible adult.  Unfortunately for me and him, I had no interest in learning about stocks, bonds, mutual funds, money markets.  I wanted to help people, create art, be involved in the community.  This book was perfect for a teenager.  Pictures, definitions, easy explanations.    I picked it up as an adult and thought, why not?  I read it, but it was so dated.  It is interesting to read about the way things used to be done before the internet changed the world and to see the origin of things we do now.  It is interesting to see how much the world is the same and different after 21 years.  I cannot believe how much I am the same but different 21 years later.

My wife was 8 years old.  I was 14.  It is so hard to imagine two life trajectories, even when they have been lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment