Sunday, September 27, 2020

Horses With a Mission

 Horses With a Mission: Extraordinary True Stories of Equine Service by Allen and Linda Anderson
2009
Weight: 10 oz
Method of Disposal: Mailing to my niece 

Animal rescue has ruined me for books like these.  I get judgmental when people make stupid mistakes or see what they want to see with an animal, while missing what is clearly, actually happening.  I cannot suspend my rescue brain long enough to just enjoy the read!  Apparently, even with horses.

That being said, I enjoyed hearing about so many horses being rescued, loved, and cared for, especially for the length of their natural lives.  I hate how so many horses are given up or euthanized once they are no longer seen as useful.  

I am hoping my niece will enjoy this book.  I know she is not all that keen on reading yet, but she loves all things horse.  I love all things rescue.  It seemed like a perfect combination and so I have mailed it to her.   

No comments:

Post a Comment