Sunday, August 21, 2011

"I want to have your abortion."

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
1997
Weight: 9.6 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donating or giving away




Fight Club was so fun to find when I was a youngin’. My friend Sarah recommended it to me, and I loved it. It got me on a Palahniuk kick that lasted for years, and has finally completely faded away. I have been so disappointed with him lately. I am not going to re-read Fight Club because I am afraid I have outgrown it, but I love how I loved it back then. I think I would still enjoy it today, and I do like the movie, but I also think it would just be different. I mean, I hope it would?

I have to say, there are days where I wish I could just go into a basement, fight someone I don’t know, leave, and go about my life. I am sure that is not what I am suppose to glean from this book, and I do cringe a little even thinking it since I remember some kids in high school making their own absurd/ridiculous “fight clubs” in the labyrinths of the local mall. I really would rather not relate to them. And have you seen the insurance mayhem commercials lately? What’s that about?
Anyway, Palahniuk should not be held up as a genius, but he use to be quick and fun to read—way before the days of Snuff. If you want this book, let me know ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment