Wednesday, August 3, 2011

From Chocolate to Morphine

From Chocolate to Morphine: Everything You Need to Know About Mind-Altering Drugs
By Andrew Weil, M.D. and Einifred Rosen
1998
Method of Disposal: Giving away, do you want it?




Day 3 of quitting smoking is absolutely my least favorite so far. I felt like I could not focus all day, was irritable, and whether or not it was related, I was and am extremely nauseated. I thought the first three days were the worst but now I hear it is five and, of course, the two week milestone, and then the three month. So much work! I do not like this game. Not even a little. I have found that it is best to leave work and go straight home, try to ignore everything else I have to do and sleep. The Georgia heat really helps knock me out until night falls. I wonder how my cohort is doing (I am quitting with someone else), though I hear she is not well via text.

Did I mention that this whole process is deplorable? In honor of this feeling and in memorandum of my dear cigarettes, I am giving away From Chocolate to Morphine. I am sure I do not have to explain why. If you want it, let me know, and I will ship it to you free of charge. The information is dated, but it is fun anyway, and a lot of it is still accurate. The authors state that they are not writing a pro or anti drug book but, rather, talking about relationships to drugs. Separating non-use, from use, and then from abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment