Saturday, February 1, 2014

Monica's Story

Monica's Story by Andrew Morton
1999
Weight: 1.2 lbs
Method of Disposal: Leaving Somewhere


Do you remember the Monica Lewinsky debacle?  Anyone old enough probably cannot forget if they want to.  What a strange, absurd thing.  I bought this book when I was in eight grade.  My girlfriend at the time really liked Monica and told me I should read it.  I decided I would.  Her story felt like slut-shaming to me.  What did she do to deserve so much scorn?  I bought it partially to hear her side, partially to impress my girlfriend, and partially to throw money Monica's way.  After all the public embarrassment and nastiness being slung about her, I really did not care if she got "rich" of it.  Nowadays, I am just not interested in keeping the book, rereading it, or really thinking about Monica Lewinsky.  I wish her and everyone else involved the best regardless of anyone's actions.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment