Thursday, February 6, 2014

Dictionary of Modern Anguish

Dictionary of Modern Anguish by R.M. Berry
2000
Weight: 7 oz
Method of Disposal: Leaving Somewhere


This Chantix is an emotional rollercoaster, mostly one that is going very quickly down, but I trust that it is all so I can get off, safely, at some point.  I picked this book of the shelf because of the title on a particularly miserable night.  I did not know what to expect, and I think that is a good thing because there is no way I could have expected this.  I loved it.  I really enjoy experimental fiction and, when I read this, I could not help but think this is what separates brilliant people from the rest of us.  Book reviews of books that have never been written, insecure ramblings, and a man entranced by two women--the young, despondent one he loves and the old, mind-controlling talker who got him stuck in the first place.  There were some pieces that I couldn't care less about, but the ones I loved I really loved.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment