Sunday, October 15, 2017

Reaching for the Stars

Reaching for the Stars: The Inspiring Story of a Migrant Farmworker Turned Astronaut
José Hernández
2012
Weight: 1 lb
Method of Disposal: Lending Library


I dream of space and of one day traveling there.  Or, at least, I thought I did, but now I know mine was a lazy dream.  José showed me what dreaming of space really looks like, and it looks like a lot of hard work and natural intelligence.  I was telling someone about his story tonight, and they stopped me to ask if it was a fictional story.  It is not.  It is incredible.

The story of José is amazing, though this book is not.  I am not too keen on his writing, but I am okay with that.  He is good at everything else.  It wouldn't be fair if he was a master author too!  I am very interested to hear what he will do next after his most recent attempt at politics.  I am sure he will continue to do great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment