Monday, January 25, 2021

Curious George Goes Camping

 Curious George Goes Camping by Margaret and H.A. Rey's
1999
Weight: 7 oz
Method of Disposal: Donating


I was packing up some home supplies and deciding what to donate, what to trash, what to recycle, and what to keep.  I have not been able to bring myself to throw out my camping supplies, despite not having gone camping in the last 8 years.  I am determined that Harriet will try it at least once.  We have used some of the items when the power has gone out or when we have, for some odd reason or another, had an unusual sleeping arrangement.  Like, when our senior dog had an accident in bed.  Poor girl could not help it, but we had to seek refuge.  

H is bound and determined that camping is not for her, and I am afraid she is 100% right, but it is worth a shot!  Right?  

This is a children's book about a curious little monkey that wanders away from camp.  "There is a lesson about forest fires--'Fires can be nice, if you're careful,' said the ranger.  George agreed.  Especially for roasting marshmallows."

No comments:

Post a Comment