Monday, January 18, 2021

The Art and Craft of Papier Mache

 The Art and Craft of Papier Mache by Juliet Bawden
1990
Weight: 2 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donating


I remember discovering and falling in love with Papier Mache as a child.  I made masks, pigs out of soda bottles, animals, all sorts.  I dreamt of making a papier mache Noah's Ark, which turned into me making an ark out of popsicles sticks, which turned into an utter disaster.  The wet scraps of paper, the paste, the fun of creating something new--I loved it all.  

This is a book seemingly more geared towards adults that still hold that sense of fun and creativity in their hearts.  There are boxes, bowls, frames, hats, masks, dolls.  I have not done papier mache in ages, and I am not sure if the luster is still there for me to start again.  I am passing this book on, hoping it is there for someone else, and that this book encourages and inspires them.

No comments:

Post a Comment