Friday, January 8, 2021

Ice Cream

 Ice Cream: Contemporary Art in Culture: 10 Curators, 10 Contemporary Artists, 10 Source Artists
2007
Weight: 6.5 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donation


Goodbye 6 lb art book.  Our last 5 or so years together have been sweet, even if we spent most of that time distant and distracted with each other.  When I held you, I was curious, and my heart was filled with intrigue.  My favorite moments with you were when I flipped your pages, gently in my hands--especially that first time when I did not know anything about you yet.

In that time, the excitement has dimmed little by little and, now, the weight seems to WEIGH on me more and more and our time together seems to be coming to an end.  You lived with someone else before me, and you will live with someone else again.  When you see that new glimmer in your eye, you will feel safe again.  I hope you enjoy it, and I hope they enjoy you even more.

Thank you for the time and for opening my mind just a little more.


No comments:

Post a Comment