Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Webster's Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language

Webster's Unabridged Dictionary of the English Language
2001
Weight: 8.3 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donating


This dictionary is HUGE!  I bought it off the bargain rack when I use to work at Waldenbooks.  It reminded me of the ones my father cherished when we were growing up.  They were used to challenge less-than-adequate Scrabble foes.  I keep not getting rid of this final large dictionary.  Everyone tells me that with Google I really do not need it, but I resent that idea.  It has pictures, origins, and everything.  What if the electricity goes out?  Then, I probably won't be looking up a word in the dictionary you say?  You never know!

Despite all of that, I am letting it go and keeping a couple of the baby sized ones for now to ease the transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment