Friday, July 26, 2013

I'm Back!

The Nature Companions Sharks and Whales
2002
Weight: 3.8 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donating

 
 
I have not written in over two months.  This is, by far, the longest I have been away from this blog since I started it.  I might have been a little distracted by the month and a half long visit from Harriet and making huge life decisions.  I had a fantastic time and now I have so much to plan and do.  I need to get back to getting rid of the old and making room for the new.  I am in the process of selling some items I have owned for some time in an effort to save some money (or possibly just pay the bills--which I am struggling to do this month!), donating items that other people might want but I no longer need since there will be another person living in this house (they should not have to move my clutter out of the way just to sit down, right?), and doing the paperwork and planning needed to make some big and very happy changes in my life.  It is all very exciting, albeit daunting.

It seems strange that I hold onto books like this one.  I mean, really, how often do you need an encyclopedia and/or guidebook to sharks?  I love sharks in general, though even after owning this book for almost ten years, I am not very good at labeling them.  Labeling sharks is not part of my career.  I do not interact with them on even an annual basis.  I have only been around a shark that was not confined by humans 5 times in my life. I guess I always thought I would teach myself more about them, but let's be real.  I flip through this book maybe once a year and probably not even that much.  I am more inclined to go to Google for a shark-related question than this book.  It is useful to open it and learn about something I never thought to ask, and I have done that enough.  I need more shelf space, more life space, and less clutter.  When I was a kid, I lived for books like these.  Maybe this one will find some like-minded child that believes they can change the world by saving the animals and, in the process, learning about every species of animal out there.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment