Friday, August 23, 2013

Salt in His Shoes

Salt in His Shoes: Michael Jordan in Pursuit of a Dream  by Deloris and Roslyn M. Jordan
Illustrated by Kadir Nelson
2003
Weight: 5.6 oz
Method of Disposal: Donating




I remember when I was younger and my father had recently started dating my stepmother.  I went to my first ever basketball game.  It was the Chicago Bulls vs. Atlanta Hawks.  Michael Jordan was there.  My stepmother, who is not really into basketball, was very excited about the Bulls at the time.  I think because of Jordan.  The excitement wore off.  I felt honored to be there.

I mentioned his name tonight and Space Jam was the first thing to come to the other person's mind. I am glad I have something slightly more magical to remember.  That being said, I never did become I big basketball fan.  I like to (sort of) play it (like without all the rules and stuff).  And several years back I went with my then girlfriend to see the Atlanta Dream.  I am always excited about female athletes.

No comments:

Post a Comment