Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Dated Travel Guides

The Atlanta Dog Lover's Companion Marilyn Windle (1996)
Georgia Off the Beaten Path: A Guide to Unique Places 3rd Ed William Schemmel (1996)
The Hiking Trails of North Georgia 3rd Ed Tim Homan (2001)
Survival Kit for Overseas Living: For Americans Planning to Live and Work Abroad 3rd Ed L. Robert Kohls (1996)
Weight: 2.5 lbs
Method of Disposal: Recycling





It is sort of strange to have so many 3rd Editions in this pile and so many books published in 1996 that I got at very different times in my life.  I would have enjoyed almost all of these books for a long time if things did not change, but I am a little scared to rely on the advice of a guide book that is 19 years old.  I know I lament about it all the time, but how did that happen?! When did the 90s get so far away?!

No comments:

Post a Comment