Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Afterglow

Afterglow (a dog memoir) by Eileen Myles
2017
Weight: 1.6 lbs
Method of Disposal: Donating


I received this as a gift from a friend I love dearly recently.  It should have been a match made in heaven.  It is not only a book about a dog but a pit bull.  The author is a gender fluid poet who once ran a campaign to be written in for President of the United States of America in 1991 and 1992.  I am already in love.  It was a great gift.

I was not a big fan of the book in the end.  It seemed convoluted and unnecessarily, but intentionally, confusing.  I also struggled to find Rosie in the book.  It was all about her, but I felt like I never got to know the dog.  Just Eileen.  That wouldn't have to be a bad thing if the walk was enjoyable, but it wasn't.  I struggled until the very end.

No comments:

Post a Comment