Friday, December 29, 2017

Sylvia

Sylvia by A. R. Gurney
1996
Weight: 1.6 oz
Method of Disposal: Donating


I am at home sick as hell, and I have been for days with no clear end in sight.  I have been reading book after book because it is all I can do other than sleep, take baths, and throw up.  I am hoping to read and donate as many as possible because it is my only way of being even vaguely useful for our upcoming move to...where?  I have no idea.  I just know I need a place by February, and it needs to be very dog friendly--pit bull friendly in particular, and I am freaking out just a little.

This screen play was a weird one for sure!  It read fast and had a dedication to Sarah Jessica Parker who was Sylvia the dog in the first rendition of the play.  I am fairly certain this book was given to me because someone thought it was about Sylvia Plath, which just makes it funnier!  It is a play about two empty nesters in New York City who are having a battle of the wills over a stray dog that the husband brought home.  The stray dog is Sylvia and is played by a human.  It is bizarre.  I'd love to see it live!

No comments:

Post a Comment